The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Wednesday, May 1, 2013

My Top 10 Musicals!

Hello girlies!! So this is out of the ordinary but I wanted to share some of my favorite musicals. I always loved these kinds of movies (though actual broadway shows are amazing!). The music is always beautiful and the songs are catchy. So here is a list of my top 10 must watch Musicals! There are alot but these are my ultimate favorites!! 

10. Burlesque, starring Cher and Christina Aguilera. Though it's not technically a musical but I love the dancing and signing that goes on for most of the movie. So that's why it's number 10!

9. Grease, starring John Travolta and olivia Newton-John. Danny (Travolta) and Sandy (Newton-John) fall in love while they were vacationing during the summer vacation. When they return back home Sandy transfers into Danny's school without even knowing it. and because she's a "good girl" and he's a "bad boy" their relationship is tested in the highschool environment. 

8. West Side Story, starring Natalie Wood and Richard Beymer. This movie/musical is about the conflict between the Puerto Ricans gang, the Sharks, and the Whites gangs, the Jets and how a doomed love story strives to untangle themselves from these two rivals.
(also a book)

7. My Fair Lady, starring Audrey Hepburn and Rex Harrison. This movie is based on the book Pygmallion. It's a great story about a young girl, Eliza Doolittle(Hepburn), who takes speech lessons from Prof Higgens (Harrison)  so she could pass as a well-born lady.
(also a book)

6. Cabaret, starring Liza Minnelli, Michael York and Joel Grey. It's set in Berlin under the ominous presence of the Nazi Party. I fell in love with this movie/musical the first time I saw it. It was so glamourous and mysterious. It is also based on a book!


5. Moulin Rouge, starring Nicole Kidman and Ewan McGregor (eep!) This one is about a poet (McGregor) who moves to underground Paris and falls in love with a courtesan (Kidman) who is being courted by a duke. Their love affair is completly doomed. The Paris background makes this musical so attractive and all the costumes of the Moulin Rouge!

4. Chicago, starring Renee Zellweger, Catherine Zeta-Jones and Richard Gere. This musical is set in Prohibition-era Chicago and deals with the outrageous lengths people will go to to achieve fame. Absolutely love the music and the rythms make you want to join them. This was based on a book by Ebb and Bob Fosse (I must read it!).


3. Sound of Music, starring Julie Andrews. Set in Austria right before the Nazis invaded. Andrews becomes a governess to the children of a Naval officer widower. Such a beautiful story with incredible scenery and music. A definete classic! 

2. Les Miserables, which came out in 2012, starring Hugh Jackman, Anne Hathway, Russel Crowe, Amanda Seyfried, and Eddie Redmayne. This movie is about the life of one man in particular, Jean Valjean. How forgiveness and love give meaning to your life. It shows the relationship he has with the other characters as well. Such a beautiful and touching movie/musical.


1. We've made it to the top! This movie has stuck with me for years and it's Phantom of the Opera, starring Emmy Rossum, Gerard Butler, and Patrick Wilson.
For those of you who haven't seen Phantom it is about the man who haunts the Paris Opera house and how he falls in love with the Primadonna, Christine. It shows what true love would do and how beauty is not in the physical but inside you. 


All of these are a must see at least once in your life time. They are classics!









4 comments:

Bruna Fernandes said...

thank's dear :)

Anna Do said...

Great choises! I've seen some of them but I will ry to see the rest :)

I've seen some your posts and I think they are great and very inspiring so I'm your newest fan and follower :) I invite you to follow me back.

annasmirror.blogspot.com

Xx!
Anna

fashiondrogue said...

Awesome Post..I have seen most of the movies from the list and I'm going to watch My Fair Lady tonight one more time:)

New post is up on my blog xx
http://fashiondrogue.wordpress.com/
My Facebook Page
http://www.facebook.com/Fashiondrogue

Rosa said...

I love musicals! West Side Story, Les Miserables and Phantom of the Opera were among my faves!

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments