The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Book Review: Phantom Of The Opera

Hello lovely readers! I finally finished one of the greatest classics ever! 
The Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux which has also been made into broadway shows and a movie. I admit that I've watched the movie a million times prior to reading the book. But when I finally did read the book I was completely blown away and left in tears. It was a beautiful story, very much different than the movie which I figured it would be. It is also a very sad story. The movie is just as beautiful. Sir. Andrew Lloyd Webber did a fantastic job composing the music and I find myself singing along to it. He is also a gifted singer and I love hearing all his songs over and over again. 
I would love to see the broadway show one day too but I'll have to wait for that one.
So I definitely recommend the book to anyone who adores the movie and who loves classics 
(French classics). 
I would also like to diverge into the investigation of the Real Phantom of the Opera! 

Have you read this book? Watched the movie?

In my own humble opinion, Gerry is the best phantom! (Yes I've heard the others sing the Phantom's songs but I prefer him for some reason. To each his own)




7 comments:

ro said...

me encanta esta historiaaa!

http://sweet-perdition.blogspot.com.es/

StyleDeLaCreme said...

Saw the broadway play many years ago in HS and it was awesome. I've never read the book but I may just indulge myself. I'm a new follower to your blog. Check out my blog and join:

www.StyleDeLaCreme.com

Katerina K said...

Thanks for stepping by my blog :)

Ur new follower )

Katerina myneonrock.blogspot.com

when BABI speaks said...

I love this! the story is very romantic! it's been my favorite play of all times! :-)

Babi
www.whenbabispeaks.com

Unknown said...

Now i want to see this movie!

Cmichellestyles said...

These books are awesome! The play is awesome as well!

http://www.cmichellestyles.com

Unknown said...

I love this opera!
Would you like to follow each other? let me know or you can follow me and I will follow you back! xoxo

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments