The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Inspiration Of The Day: Janis Joplin

Today, I'm taking it back to the 60's with Janis Joplin- "The Queen of Rock and Roll". 
Her music reached out to thousands of people and are still listened to even though she isn't here today. 
Her raspy rocker voice mixed with her bluesy take of rock and roll made the songs timeless. 
I must say, her hippie style isn't my cup of tea, but she is iconic nonetheless. 
Unfortunetly, throughout her career she was a drug addict and an alcoholic, which eventually killed her. That's the thing about the 60's. But all that aside, people had real talent back then. That's why I rely on my mom who has been my music appreciator and has shown me all the wonderful artists of the 1960's-1980's. So most of my music influence comes from her part. Next piece will be one of my favorite bands...... stay tuned!!


Pieace of My Heart by Janice Joplin

Cry Baby by Janice Joplin

To Love Somebody by Janice Joplin

7 comments:

Unknown said...

She definitely had a great voice!

Kisses, Lucy!

Paulina said...

Nice post ;)

Kelly said...

I love her, I dressed up as her for my 4th grade wax musuem (women in music)!

xx
Kelly
Sparkles and Shoes
500 Follower Kate Spade Giveaway

Peet said...

My parents influenced my taste in music as well. I used to be obsessed with the Doors!:D And of course the clothing style of the 60's...:)

dsfashion said...

nice post!like your blog !check mine if you want!want to follow each other on gfc and bloglovin?thanks

Unknown said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!!JANIS IS THE BEST!!!!!!!amazing post! u have a great STYLE!! WOOOOW!!
follow each others??

VOTE ME AT THE GRAZIA CONTEST.THANKS,it's very importanti for me!!
CHIC STREET CHOC
FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK
WHOLESALE GIVEAWAY:10 WINNERS!

Yasmine Brooke said...

Love Janis! My mother introduced me to all the great music from back in the hippie days.
-Love your blog
Yasmine
Yasminebrooke@blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments