The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Monday, January 21, 2013

Book Review: The Great Gatsby

The Great Gatsby
By F. Scott Fitzgerald

Hello Lovely readers! I'm here with another book review because well I finished another one! And I love to voice my opinion so here we go. 
If you love the 1920's and the luxurious life of the elite in New York then think about reading this book. What attracted me to it was not only that it was set in the 20's but also that it took place in NY or really West Egg (Long Island).  It was also written by Fitzgerald and is a major classic! 
(It just so happens to be a movie as well and they are making a remake this year!)
So on to the review!
I believe the book was well written and entertaining. The characters aren't that relatable but still you feel empathy for them. I immediately fell in love with Gatsby and his story was the one I absolutely loved the most! I wasn't sure if it was because he came from rags to riches and lived life as one big party or because he held onto the love he felt for a girl five years ago, never letting it go. Either way, Gatsby is my favorite character in the book!
The description is incredible, Fitzgerald actually makes you feel as if you are there and living it!
It is a super quick read, only 180 pages, and the writing style is not difficult to understand at all. In fact, it was quite easy! I admit there are some boring parts and things that just didn't make the story as great as I thought it would be. But I will put it all aside and take it for what it is.

Well, another book to add to my collection!

What will I be reading next? 



 Movie Poster!!!

13 comments:

Paulina said...

Great post;)

Adora Mehitabel said...

Need to see this. Lovely

www.adoramehitabel.blogspot.co.uk

Bodil Loïs Huisman said...

Sounds like a good book :)
thank you for this great review.

LOVE BO,
PurePreciousPerfection.com

LoveT. said...

Great Book Review! i also love Gatsby :)
follow new ,mind follow back?

kisses

Sootjeelina said...

I've been meaning to read this book for ages! My friend said she was going to lend it to me, but she hasn't given it to me yet, unfortunately

xo Sootjeelina

jamie-lee said...

I adored this book, and actually think that I might read it again, it was so good! Cannot wait to see the movie.

canvasofculture said...

Aw The Great Gatsby is such a good one. I dressed up as daisy for halloween last year:) I have yet to see either movie, but both the new and old version look really intriguing!
xx

Unknown said...

Love to hear your opinion ! Now I want to read the book and then watch the movie !

www.universeandyou.com.br

xoxo from Japan

haein said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
haein said...

I've heard about this book as a classic but I never got around to reading it! If it's a keeper, I guess I'll buy one from the local bookstore :3

http://cherryfart-lane.blogspot.com.au/

Katrine - make it and fake it said...

This is great!! I am actually reading an old classic now myself, Anna Karenina, Its a great book!! I should make the great gadsby my next!!!

love K

Unknown said...

It sounds interesting will look for that book I'm reading now pretty little liars 1 and 2 great post keep on doing this books reviews love it

Purple Rain said...

I love that era and this book! Your blog inspirations are lovely :)
Following you now, do visit me at http://purple-rain-fashion.blogspot.in/
xxx

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments