The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Luxe By Anna Godbersen


I read this book a few months ago and never got a chance to write a review! I think this is pretty similar to Gossip Girl since it is set in New York but in the 1890's!! Specifically 1899 at the end of the year and of the turn of the century. It deals with the society women of the era and the elite society of New York. I love the way Anna told the story though some scenes are very slow. I have two favorite characters: Henry and Diana! Ugh they are amazing and have the best story to tell!! 
Anna discribes the ladies elaborate dresses, the fancy parties and events that  happen in the story with full detail and passion. I can't help but fall in love with the era and the fashion! The life style in that time was luxiorious, of course only for the rich and wealthy class. 

I wish I could travel back and see life in that time. 
Do you have a favorite series? I'd love to know!
For now the Luxe series are top on the list! My next read is Rumors the sequel to Luxe!!



1 comments:

The Fashion Lookout said...

Oh, I've never heard of this one before, I must try and find it :)
Thanks so much for your comment, I'm now following !

Looking forward to some more posts

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments