The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Sunday, September 22, 2013

**Fall Fashion 2013**

Special Sunday Post!
Hello my beauts, it's officially the first day of fall and boy am I glad to have finally reached this season. Fall is one of my favorite seasons not only for the beautiful, color changing leaves and the lower temperature, but also for the change in fashion. Bring out those darker hues and the leather boots. 
Now, where I live it doesn't get cold or even slightly chilly. Instead we suffer year around with humid, summer weather. But that doesn't stop me from dipping my toes into fall trends. 
In this post, I have collected a few of my favorite trends to go into a little more detail for you guys. 
I hope you guys find it helpful and inspiring. Let me know if you will be trying out any of these trends or any of your own in the comments below!!

Okay ladies, let's start off with the color scheme of fall. From what I've seen the three main colors that are in this season are: plum, emerald, and burgundy.
Plum is definetly one of my favorite colors for this season and so is emerald. They are rich and beautiful and so modern for fall. It's not the usual black, brown, and gray uniform which is refreshing. I will be using a lot more plum colors on my nails and lips because I love to add a little bit of color in an other wise black outfit. Plum is one of my favorite colors for my lips as I think it suits my face very well. 
I also love to use deep, dark reds that resemble burgundy for lipstick. 
I think I would try to find a leather cross body bag in the emerald color or a thick knit sweater would be just as gorgeous. To be honest, I own nothing that's emerald. Sad, yes I know. 

Oxblood nails


Plum Lips

In love with her outfit and lipstick which match her infinity scarf!

Layering is the next trend. We have seen this throughout the entire year and it will continue into fall and winter most likely. I love layering a chunky cardigan over a chiffon top or a skater dress. It gives you something different to work with and you can use some of your summer buys. 

As for fabrics that are in we will start with the classic prints. Classic prints to me are stripes, pinstripes or plaid, and leopard. Yes, leopard and cheetah prints are still in for the fall time. I can't see why they wouldn't be as they are so classic and chic. You can pair a silky cheetah print top with a black fitted blazer and some fancy arm candy and you are set!

Leather is still in for fall and it's no surprise. Everyone is wearing it and there are so many different ways to wear it! I love little leather accents on anything from my tops to skirts to shoes! I actually have a very special video post on How I Style: Leather Skirts! Check it out!
But remember never dress leather and leather together.


Even the Kardashian-Jenner clan is rocking it!

The last trend I will talk about is the military inspired outfits. We've all seen how everyone has embraced the cameo wear and it will be no different this fall! Expect more military inspired pieces in the store. But remember, this can still be a girly outfit if paired right. Look for girly styled tops like a peplum with the dark green military inspired color and pair with sliming pants. If you're looking for a girly, flowy green skirt than pair it with a tank and cameo jacket. So many choices that the possibilities are endless!!

I hope this post gave you some material to work with and remember to always wear what you feel good in! Have a wonderful day beauties! 


PS: none of these photos are mine and I will try to link back to wear I found them.

3 comments:

Alexandra Zakharova said...

I don't care about trends too much, to my mind better be yourself than following fashion trends like crazy. Though, I agree it's important to be updated and know what is on fashion nowadays:) Most of all I like layering, this trend appeals to my heart most of all:) Thank You for sharing such a nice post!
Wish you a blessed day ahead!

www.svetusvet.com

K said...

I loveee the dark nails and the plum infinity scarf! xx

Marie McGrath (The Joy of Fashion) said...

I looooooove fall, and like you, I have hot humid weather all year round. I'm glad to see you still intend to wear some of the fall trends regardless of the weather!! I especially love the fall colors of plum and emerald :)

www.thejoyoffashionblog.com

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments