The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Friday, September 20, 2013

Product Review: Cetaphil Oil Control Foam Wash

Hello my beautiful readers! So I want to talk about this new product I purchased a week ago. Now, if you know me, you know I like my usual products and don't tend to switch things up. But this time I did and boy did it go wrong! I wanted to try out the new Cetaphil face cleanser which I had heard good reviews on. I thought it would clean my face and leave a fresh feeling. Well, it did the exact opposite. I'm a person with highly sensitive skin but I didn't think this product would effect me so badly. It did. The first day I used it I developed an irritation on my right cheek that extended to my chin. I thought I would give it a day to clear up, thinking it was just the pimples surfacing before going away like what usually happens. I was dead wrong! By the night time my right eye was extremely irritated. Mind you, I had not used the product on my eye and it had not fallen into my eye. My right eye itched so much that I had to put eye drops. Thankfully it wasn't too bad the next day though still uncomfortable. I also still had a face full of itchy bumps that are not pimples. These bumps are probably caused by an allergic reaction to the product.
    Foolishly I wanted to try the product for a second time. But there was no surprise when I found more bumps, redness, itchy skin, and uncomfortable eyes. So, after trying it out I have come to the conclusion of just returning it and getting my ten dollars back. I'd much rather spend my money on a trusty, old facial cleanser that leaves my skin feeling clean, refreshed, and fabulous! (which is the regular Clean & Clear if you're wondering).

   I must say, Cetaphil isn't all bad it is just this particular product that does not suit me. I purchased the day moisturizer with SPF and it works perfectly fine. (Though I hate using it if I'm going to wear makeup because I don't like the feel of sunscreen on my face). I'm not sure if it moisturizers as well as my Cereve night cream but for now I'm only truly using it as a sunscreen. 

     If you girls like my product reviews let me know in the comments below and I will do more! Hope everyone found this post beneficial. 




4 comments:

Seyyah Aile said...

I LOVE your blog so much! The layout is amazing.
I'm your newest follower via google (335).
I'd love it if you could check out my blog and follow me back as well Also,
if you'd like to keep in touch via twitter or facebook,
just do so and let me know so I cab follow back =)
Have anice day, hugs Beyaz Sır <3
http://whiteglaze.blogspot.com
twitter: @_gamzeahmet_

Jenny said...

You have wonderful skin even though this product didn't work for you :) Have you got a skin care post? x
Freya's Fashion Chapter

lameyy said...

Such a shame that it didn't work well for you!:(

http://lameyy.blogspot.co.uk/

Unknown said...

Thank you :) I don't have a skin care routine post up yet but I would be more than happy to make a video about it :)

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments