The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Monday, December 9, 2013

BCA: Week 2: My Favorite Face Products!


Hello beauties! It's week 2 of the Beauty Crown Awards! To upload your own post click here.
This week we are talking about our favorite face products! I have quite a few and will just start raving about them now haha. Hope you like the post!

Week 2 - Facial Products - Dec 9 - Dec 15, 2013
Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014


Week 2 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Face Products. Below are my Week 2 selections:

FACE

Primer: My favorite primer would have to be the Covergirl & Olay primer (even though it says it's for age prevention, you can never start too young!) It is a perfect primer that doesn't leave your face oily and holds your foundation in place. Love the lightness of this product!


BB Cream: The BB Cream I am currently using is from Maybelline. As much as I want to believe it evens out my skin, it does not. Sad, I know. But I like to wear it as an every day face product as it is super light on my face and it has SPF 30. It truly doesn't feel like a sunscreen because it is lighter and has just a tiny bit of coverage to cover up my dark circles. (But it doesn't banish them from existence lol). I need to try a few more BB creams before I settle down on my favorite but I did want to let you guys know my thoughts on the one I've been using.


Foundation: Last month I review the Revlon Colorstay Foundation for dry skin. Now that I've been using it non-stop I can tell you it is one of my favorite foundations!! I absolutely love this foundation as it doesn't show my dry areas and it actually hydrates my skin. It covers all the imperfections even though it's not full coverage. And because of that it doesn't feel cakey or heavy on my face. Omg! You have no idea how happy I am with it. This product also has SPF 15.

Powder: For powder I am currently using Revlon photoready powder. I think it does a fine job and keeps my face perfectly matte and set. I do have to admit that if I put too much it will make me look dusty. The pesky peach fuzz on my face makes powders look very noticeable! So I literally only swipe it on my face once. This product also has SPF 14.


Concealer: You girls have heard me talk about this product over and over again. But when you find something that becomes a miracle worker you can't stop talking about it! Like I've mentioned, I suffer from dry skin especially under my eyes. That are gets so dry for some reason and no matter how much water I drink or how much moisturizer I put it's not the best place to put on makeup. It's the hardest! So when I tried the NARS concealer in its liquid form in #1 I was in love!! Not only was it full coverage it was so light that it didn't feel like anything was on me. Plus it doesn't settle into all the annoying creveces on my skin. I recommend this 100%!!


Brightener: I've been using the maybelline Lumi brightner and love it!! I use it something on my cheek bones and under my eyes to highlight those areas. It is so amazing and it's easy to put on. With it's brush applicator it is an easy way to place the product where you want it.


Blush: I absolutely love Fleur Power by MAC I think it's amazing and it suits so many different skin shades. I love using it some times as just a bronzer since it has a golden undertone to it. I also love to use it by itself as it is beautiful on its own.


Bronzer: My favorite right now has been the MAC Minerilized bronzer in Give Me Sun. That is amazing and so fluffy (for lack of a better word to describe it's consistency). I love how easy it is to apply to the face and since it is so pigmented you really don't need that much. I love using it to give me a sun-kissed glow around my face. It's much more natural to my matte bronzer from MAC.


Highlighter: I recently purchased the MAC Mineralize SkinFinish in light. That thing is amazing to highlight and brighten. Since I haven't used it as much as I would have liked I can only tell you that so far I love it!

Palette: Oh man, tough one because I don't own any palettes!! Yes I know shocker. I bought the Naked 2 not too long ago (you'll see in my Beauty Haul coming out on Wednesday) but I can't tell you what I think of it just yet.

Participating in the Beauty Crown Awards this week? 
Leave me your links down below!
Tell me what you think of these products!

-TheFashionQueen






11 comments:

Laura said...

I love the look of these MAC products :) Great picks!

Laura
Pink Frenzy

Unknown said...

I have never seen that CG + Olay primer! I wonder if they have it in Canada.

Hannah Cozens said...

I really want to try that Lumi-brighter!

hcozens.blogspot.co.uk

Liz Outh said...

The CG+Olay primer looks interesting! I haven't seen that in my stores yet and am now curious about it! Fleur Power is one of my favorite blushes! =D The NARS concealer looks absolutely lovely! Thank you for sharing your picks with us love! xoxo

Anonymous said...

Awesome Picks
would love to try the the Mac MSF as a hightlighter

Shalunya21 said...

I love the Revlon Photoready foundation too! I really love MAC blushes and MSFs too. Only I couldn't narrow it down to just one shade. I love them all! Great list I really enjoyed reading it. BTW, I dropped your link into the Link tool at the bottom of the post. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lily (Beauty With Lily) said...

I love the Revlon foundation, one of my top favorites!! I really want to try the Nars concealer. Lovely choices!! <3

Unknown said...

The MAC blush you picked is soooo gorgeous! I've really wanted to pick up the Revlon powder lately. My skin is oily so I wonder how it would work for me. You're making me want to pick up some more MAC products! I'll have to soon! Great choices love! :)

Anonymous said...

Lovely picks! I've always wanted to try that NARS concealer but none of the shades match me. So disappointing. That MAC blush tho! So gorge. Mac blushes are so pretty and wears so well. I must try that Lumi. This is the second post that I've seen it being featured in. Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

I have dry skin under my eyes too so that Nars concealer is going on my shopping list! And so many of you ladies are listing the Lumi as a great highlighter so that's on my list too now! thanks for sharing!

Shalunya21 said...

Great choices! I am completely with you on the Revlon foundation and MAC blush! I hear great things about the NARS concealer but I have yet to try it. I need to! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments