The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Monday, December 16, 2013

BCA: Week 3: My Favorite Lip & Nail Products!







The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 3 - Lip & Nail Products - Dec 16 - Dec 22, 2013
Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014

Week 3 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Lip & Nail Products. Below are my Week 3 selections:

LIPS


Lipliner: I'm not sure if this is meant for a brand but I'm gonna say the MAC lip liners are my favorite just cause it's the only ones I wear. I just find them to fit perfectly with every shade and I'm able to mix and match them. But I also love the new Kardashian cosmetics line, they have amazing lipliners which are super creamy!! Try them out!



Lipstick: Oh come on, you all know my favorite is MAC hands down. Their lipsticks last forever, are super pigmented, and most are very creamy and don't dry your lips (except Ruby Woo lol). Even though they are a little more expensive than drugstore brands I feel like they are completly worth it. I have yet to find a drugstore lipstick that has the same longevity like the mac ones do.

Gloss: No, let's just leave it at that.

Tinted Lip Balm: I don't wear tinted lipbalm. Only Burt's Bees.

Lip Treatment: Not sure what that means? I don't use any lip treatments. 



NAILS

Polish: This is a no-brainer! My favorite nail polish is Essie! I absolutely love the colors, formula, and the brand. I can live off of just using essie for the rest of my life. They have so many different shades and etextures. I love buying a new glitter to spice up older colors. That's the best thing to do when you start to get bored of your collection. Here are their new winter collection colors!



Basecoat: Hands down, Essie's base coat is the best (the only) base coat I have ever tried!! I've been using it religiously ever since I got it. It is a necessary step especially when I wear reds, blues, blacks, and glitters. It makes taking off the nail polish so much easier! Plus, my nails are looking less yellow (yes, honey! The constant use of nail polish can turn your rosy, pink nail beds a gross yellow color due to the lack of oxygens and chemicals in polish). But the base coat has turned this all around! I recommend this 150%!!

Topcoat: My favorite topcoat is from Seche Vite. Julia Grath is the one who introduced me to this, thanks to her videos so thank you Julia! I absolutely love this and can't live without it. Not only does it dry my nail polish in under a minute but it keeps them glossy, hard, and chip free for over a week. It's pretty expensive but I definetly recommend this to any nail fanatics. 

Treatment: If we are refering to nail treatments I cannot comment since I haven't had any done. Sorry!










4 comments:

Lily (Beauty With Lily) said...

You know, I haven't tried anything from the Kardashian line. I really want too, but I haven't seen any of their products at my Ulta...hmmm.

I also LOVE Essie!!! Definitely my all time favorite!! <3

Shalunya21 said...

MAC offers a lipstick for every woman. If you can't find a color, texture that you like at the MAC counter then you just don't like lipstick! You know I haven't tried any essie products. I hear great things but I have just never bought any. I haven't tried any of the Khroma line either. I heard more bad than good so I just wrote off the entire line. Glad to know the liners are worth a go! Thanks for sharing.

Anonymous said...

I Keep Hearing Wonderful Things about Mac Lipstick I think it might me time to try one !!!
Thanks For Sharing

Liz Outh said...

Wonderful picks hun! I do not have any MAC liners but omg, I do LOVE their lipsticks too! Essie polishes are awesome! I'm guilty of skipping the base coat but now that I've seen a few recommendations on it, I'm all for it! Will definitely pick one up! Thank you so much for sharing you pretty picks! XOXO <3

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments