The fashion, life, and travels of a Fashion Queen.

Monday, December 23, 2013

BCA: Week 4: My Favorite Eye & Misc Products!





The Beauty Crown Awards are a yearly favorites collaborative effort including beauty bloggers around the globe. The Beauty Crown Awards were created by Lily from Beauty with Lily Liz from My Pretty Obsessions, Jackie from Five Two Certified, and Shalunya from Shalunya & Boyet. We felt that a collaborative effort from a large number of beauty bloggers would be much more interesting to our readers and would garner more attention. The Beauty Crown Awards are a 5 week event with each week covering types of products.

Week 4 - Eye & Misc Products - Dec 23 - Dec 29, 2013
Week 5 - Facial Care Products & Tools - Dec 30 - Jan 4, 2014

Week 4 of the Beauty Crown Awards covers Eye & Misc Products. Below are my Week 4 selections:
*None Of These Pictures Are Mine*

EYES


Primer: I've tried a lot of primers in the past two/three years. But my favorite is the MAC paint pots. They don't move, crease, or make your lids oily. They hold the shadows and last all night long! I love using Painterly as a base or by it's self. I'll need to get a new one because the one I have has already run out!

Pressed Shadows: I want to say MAC but some may just roll their eyes. I'm sorry! But I must speak the truth. Their pressed shadows are amazing! They are super pigmented and last such a long time. No major fall out and such a wide variety of shades to choose from.


Pigments: I am currently loving Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics' pigments. They are incredible!
Sephora now carries their Lip Tars (which I recommend). I get so emotional seeing this brand grow and make it big. I remember when they were so unknown!


Mascara: Ugh, what a toughy! I am stuck between my always trusty Maybelline Full N' Soft mascara and my new favorite Revlon Lash Potion. Both do an amazing job and have their own unique qualities. Full N' Soft is perfect for an effortless, natural makeup look. Lash Potion is the one you want to grab when you're heading out to a party. It will give you long, thick lashes.


Eyeliner: I've got two (I'm such an indecisive person). For liquid liner I reach for my Stila all day waterproof liquid liner for a perfect winged liner. When I want a pencil liner I get my Maybelline Define-A-Line waterproof pencil.


Cream Shadows: I have a small palette of cream shadows from Revlon that are amazing! They are shimmers and range from cream colors to brown/bronze shades. I love that with just a swipe you can blend it effortlessly on to your lid and you're done!

Palette: I would have to say my Stila palette (don't ask me the name cause I have no idea!). It is amazing how pigmented the shadows are. The palette is a trio ranging from very light beige, a a soft brown, and a reddish sparkly brown. I love them so much and use them often in the winter time.

*No Picture Available sorry*

Brow Kit: I don't use a brow kit as my brows are super thick. But when I do I use the Milani brow kit that comes with a little brush and tweezers. It also has two shadows to fill in your brows and a highlighter.



MISC

Beauty Magazine: To be honest I don't know any beauty magazines! (Omg this is embarrasing lol). My favorite magazine to read, that has beauty related articles, is Glamour. It's perfect for me as it gives me an insigt view on celebrity fashion, but it also shows me the trends for next season.

Beauty Subscription: I really wish I had a beauty subscription right now lol. But I guess I will tell you which one I would want. I think it's between Ipsy and Glambox. I don't know, I've heard great )and bad) things about both. But I'm intrigued by both so it's a tie!

Beauty Product from Subscription: Well, can't really comment can I?

I hope you guys enjoyed this post. Did you participate too?
Leave your links down below!






10 comments:

Unknown said...

Ipsy has been so awesome the last two months! I'd pick that one =)

Shalunya21 said...

I went back and forth between Wet n Wild and MAC shadows. I own plenty of MAC as well. MAC definitely wins for selection, they have an amazing range of shadows. The reason I went with Wet n Wild is simply because their pigmentation seems to be more consistent than MAC. The matte black from WnW is far richer than carbon from MAC. Like you I love Painterly, Revlon Lash Potion and Milani Brow Kit. It sounds like I need to try some OCC pigments! Placing it on my wish list now! Thanks for sharing. I really enjoyed your list.

Jenny said...

I wish I had a few more eyeshadows in general, only just getting into them!
Check out my MAC giveaway! x
Freya's Fashion Chapter

Anonymous said...

Great Choices Thanks For Sharring

Lily (Beauty With Lily) said...

I actually don't own any MAC eyeshadows, I definitely want to try them though.

I love Ipsy, I highly recommend it!

xoxo

Cruelty Free Lucy said...

I would recommend ipsy...great value for what you get...I would rather spend less and be able to try more...I've heard good things about Glossybox but it's double the ipsy price. I ahev a question about the Milani brow kit...Is it all powder?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing your picks! I adore your MAC pressed shadows. They're lovely!

Unknown said...

I have never subscribed to glossy box but I LOVE Ipsy and Birchbox!

Brittnee
http://beautyproductaday.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Me either! I think because I feel like I am not creative enough with my makeup to shop there lol. The MAC counter intimidates me!

Unknown said...

That is def true!! Ipsy is so much cheaper and they still give great stuff! and yes the eyebrow kit is all powder. I wet the brush a tiny bit to help the powder stick better

Post a Comment

Lovely Comments